Erik Koons is a Partner at Baker Botts in the Antitrust and Competition Practice group. His practice focuses on representing litigants in private antitrust and complex commercial litigation matters. Mr. Koons has handled antitrust and other complex commercial litigation matters in a wide range of industries including healthcare, pharmaceuticals, computer hardware, food and beverage, petroleum, consumer electronics and waste disposal. These litigation matters have addressed a variety of legal theories including monopolization, monopsonization, price-fixing, market division, patent misuse, RICO claims, attorney liability and a variety of commercial actions. Mr. Koons has also represented numerous companies in antitrust audits, internal investigations and in designing and implementing antitrust compliance programs.
In June 2010, the District of Columbia Bar Board on Professional responsibility appointed Mr. Koons to serve on the Board’s professional responsibility Hearing Committee for a term of three years. The Board on Professional Responsibility is an arm of the D.C. Court of Appeals and is charged with adjudicating attorney discipline cases as well as administering the attorney discipline system. The Hearing Committee is responsible for adjudicating cases of attorney misconduct at the trial level, considering petitions for negotiated discipline and contested petitions for reinstatement.
Publications, Speeches and Presentations
- “Without a Clue and Still Without a Master Plan: Municipalities Left Uncertain How to Manage Waste Disposal Crisis in Wake of Third Circuit Decision in Harvey Inc. v. County of Chester.” 9 Vill. Envtl. L.J. Vol. 1 (1998).
- Proving Antitrust Damages. ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2010). Contributing Editor; 2nd ed.
- The Franchise and Dealership Termination Handbook. ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2010). Contributing Editor;2d ed.
- 2010 Annual Review of Antitrust Law Developments. ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2011). Contributing Author. Co-authored with Carmine R. Zarlenga.
- Antitrust Discovery Handbook. ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2011). Contributing Author;3d edition.
- Antitrust Compliance. BNA’s Corporate Practice Series (2011). Contributing Author.
- “Antitrust Litigation: Managing a Complex, High-Stakes Matter to a Successful Conclusion.” Howrey Antitrust Fundamentals Seminar (2009).