- Represented Halliburton in seeking to obtain EU and other merger control approvals of its $28 billion proposed acquisition of Baker Hughes.
- Represented Kimberly-Clark Corporation in connection with its $1.8 billion spin-off of Halyard Health.
- Representing SI Group, Inc. in securing antitrust approval for the acquisition from Albemarle of its antioxidants, ibuprofen and related businesses.
- Representing Colfax Corporation in merger filings in respect of its US$1 billion acquisition of Victor Technologies Holdings, Inc., a global manufacturer of cutting, gas control and specialty welding solutions.
- Representing Cameron International Corporation in obtaining EU merger approval for its One Subsea joint venture with Schlumberger.
- Representing Contran Corporation in obtaining EU approval for the $2.9 billion sale of its subsidiary, Timet, to Precision Castparts Corporation.
- Antitrust counsel to Colfax Corporation in its US$2.4 billion public bid for Charter International plc.
- Advising Sun Microsystems on EU antitrust aspects of various distribution and supply arrangements, strategic alliances and on merger control aspects of their acquisition of MySQL.*
- EU and UK antitrust compliance advice to a leading online travel company.*
- Represented Ariba in connection with acquisition by SAP AG’s $4.3 billion acquisition of Ariba, including advising on UK and international merger control filings and related antitrust counseling.*
- Antitrust counsel to Ford Motor Company in connection with its sale of Jaguar and Land Rover to Tata Motors for approximately US$2.3 billion.*
- Antitrust counsel to the Black & Decker Corporation in its merger with Stanley Works for US$4.5 billion.*
- Antitrust counsel to Norilsk Nickel Group in connection with the acquisition of LionOre Mining International Ltd for US$6.3 billion, the largest cross-border acquisition ever made by a Russian company at that time.*
- Antitrust counsel to a leading high tech company in advising on strategic alliances and competition compliance in IP licensing and distribution arrangements.*
- Antitrust counsel to a U.S. company in defending a complaint for alleged abuse of dominance arising from IP litigation.*
- Antitrust counsel to Sun Microsystems in its acquisition of Swedish company MySQL, developer of one of the world’s fastest growing open source databases, for approx. US$1 billion.*
*Prior to joining Baker Botts