Mergers & Acquisitions
- McDermott International, Inc. – $6 billion combination with Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V.
- Transocean Ltd. – sale of jackup fleet to Norwegian based Borr Drilling Limited for $1.35 billion
- Schlumberger Limited – $10 billion acquisition of Cameron International
- Transocean Ltd. – sale of 38 shallow water drilling rigs to Shelf Drilling
- Noble Corporation – $2.16 billion acquisition of FDR Holdings Limited
- Schlumberger Limited – $11 billion acquisition of Smith International
- Pride International, Inc. – merger with Ensco plc
- McMoran Exploration Co. – acquisition of Plains Exploration & Production Company's shallow water Gulf of Mexico shelf assets
- Liberty Global, Inc. – sale of its 54%-owned subsidiary AUSTAR United Communications Limited to FOXTEL for $1 billion
- Noble Corporation plc – spin-off of Paragon Offshore plc
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation – spin-off of Seventy Seven Energy, Inc.
- McDermott International, Inc. – spinoff of The Babcock & Wilcox Company
- Pride International, Inc. – spin-off of Seahawk Drilling, Inc.
- Transocean Ltd. – acquisition of Transocean Partners LLC in a share-for-unit merger transaction
- Transocean Ltd. – IPO of Transocean Partners LLC
- Noble Corporation – redomestication to the UK
- Noble Corporation – redomestication to Switzerland
- Transocean Inc. – redomestication to Switzerland
- Transocean Ltd. – formation of Orion Holdings joint venture with Hayfin Capital Management LLP
- Schlumberger Limited – formation of OneSubsea joint venture with Cameron International Corporation
- Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. – joint venture with Avista Capital Holdings, LP to acquire and develop Marcellus Shale properties
- Petroleum Development Corporation – formation of PDC Mountaineer joint venture with Lime Rock Partners
- Schlumberger Limited – formation of IntelliServ joint venture with National Oilwell Varco