Ms. Gozzi is Special Counsel and a registered patent attorney in the Intellectual Property Practice of the firm's New York office. She practices all aspects of intellectual property law and counsels clients regarding consumer products such as due diligence, freedom to operate, and patentability concerns. She assists clients in patenting, protecting and commercializing inventions, both utility and design, in the areas of mechanical arts, medical devices, biotechnology, electrical products, pharmaceuticals and business methods.
Ms. Gozzi advises clients regarding worldwide portfolio management and strategic development, licensing and litigation. In addition, her practice also involves patent prosecution, litigation, antitrust and ITC work. Ms. Gozzi also counsels clients in Orange Book and Hatch-Waxman related issues, and is involved in pharmaceutical matters. Ms. Gozzi's broad engineering background allows her to understand and assist clients with the complex legal and scientific issues that arise when science and law cross paths.
Ms. Gozzi serves as a monthly pro bono attorney with the New York City Bar Association's Monday Night Legal Clinic and has provided legal counsel to over 100 local community members since 2011. Ms. Gozzi is also active with the Women in IP and Diversity Committees of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA). She serves as the Diversity Committee Vice Chair and moderates the AIPLA Women in IP Book Club, in addition to serving on the Inventor of the Year Committee for the New York Intellectual Property Law Association.
Ms. Gozzi is also a Board member of the University of Virginia Club of New York and is involved with the Alumni Admissions Board of Brooklyn Law School. She also plays on a local women's basketball team.
- International medical device company - pharmaceutical and medical device due diligence and clearance work, Orange Book patent analysis, patent prosecution and procurement and opinion writing for multiple transactions.
- Global consumer products company - various patent litigation and licensing matters.
- American packaging company - patent application drafting, prosecution and portfolio maintenance.
- National fiber solutions company - licensing and litigation matters, patent prosecution, patent application drafting and portfolio maintenance, design clearance.
- Hardware device company - ITC compliance, due diligence and clearance work, litigation strategy.
- Clothing and Apparel Retailer - design and product clearance.
Awards & Community
Recognized as a New York Super Lawyer-Rising Star (Thomson Reuters), 2015-2017
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
Pre-ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Developing a Drug Product and Patent Portfolio, Second EditionExternal Articles
American Bar Association
Speaker, Association of Corporate Counsel, New York Public Library
Prosecution of Patent Applications: Applying for Utility Patents; Design Patents; International Applications; Patent Term and Modification; Post IssuanceExternal Articles
Chapter Series, Lexis Practice Advisor
On April 26, 2017, Baker Botts Intellectual Property partner Justine Gozzi and Lauren Emerson will speak at the annual ACC Greater New York's annual Ethics Marathon at the New York Public Library in New York City.