Gail Foster practices exclusively in the area of electronic discovery, focusing on the development and implementation of processes and strategies for preserving, gathering, processing, reviewing and producing large volumes of electronic data in a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, in addition to IRS audits and SEC and other governmental investigations handled by the firm.
Prior to joining Baker Botts, Ms. Foster maintained an extensive trial practice focused primarily on complex multiparty commercial litigation, with an emphasis on energy-related matters, as well as general contract disputes, employment issues, environmental remediation claims, securities class actions, intellectual property and defense of wrongful death cases. She has tried lawsuits in state and federal courts throughout Texas, and has handled appeals in various Texas and federal appellate courts.
- Corporate merger shareholder class action litigation – multiple representations involving preservation, collection, review and production of electronic data for both corporate and Board of Director clients
- International drilling and production contractor – managed large scale document preservation, collection, review, and production involving multiple U.S. and foreign locations, in connection with claims in U.S. Bankruptcy proceeding
- International Biopharmaceutical corporation – preservation and collection of large volumes of electronic data from multiple sources in U.S. and abroad for business tort litigation; management of year-long review and production of over three million pages
- Major offshore drilling corporation – preservation, collection, review and production of electronic data in response to IRS audit requests
- Major offshore drilling contractor – preservation, collection, review and production of electronic data in connection with governmental investigation
- National pipeline transportation company – comprehensive review of client electronic data systems and data management practices to develop e-discovery readiness plan
- International oil and gas services company – preservation, collection and review of large volumes of electronic data in patent infringement case
- Energy industry clients – worked with legal, business, and IT representatives to formulate and implement comprehensive electronic data preservation, collection, review and production plans to respond to DOJ and SEC investigations
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
Panelist, The New Scope of Discovery - Rule 26(b)(1)
Panelist, The 2015 FRCP Amendments in Practice - Rule 34
Panelist, Legal Operations and Litigation Support - Global Perspectives from Corporate Legal and Law Firms