Dorine Farah’s practice focuses on international arbitration. Her practice involves a mixture of commercial and investment-treaty arbitration.
Ms. Farah has extensive experience with arbitral practice and procedure both in civil and common law systems. Her practice also includes representation in public international law arbitrations and pre-contentious advice on various international law and cross-border issues. Dorine has acted as counsel in both institutional and ad hoc arbitrations (including under the ICSID, ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL rules). Dorine also teaches regularly on international arbitration topics and is the co-author of a chapter on Arbitration in London: Features of the London Court of International Arbitration (Cambridge University Press).
Prior to joining Baker Botts' international arbitration group in 2007, Ms. Farah trained at another international law firm. Ms. Farah is a dual national of Jordan and the United Kingdom, and is bilingual in English and Arabic.
- Leading Asian engineering company - ICSID arbitration against a Middle Eastern State regarding a flagship power generating project
- Middle Eastern investor - UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings against a sovereign state under a bilateral investment treaty
- International petroleum company - ICC proceedings against the national oil company of an African State arising from the failed sale and purchase agreement relating to interests in several off-share blocks in that African State
- International petroleum company - ICC proceedings against an African State-owned oil company under a JOA governed by English law relating to two off-shore blocks in that African State
- Real estate developer - DIAC arbitration proceedings in Dubai representing the developer in a development project
- LNG seller - ICC proceeding involving high value dispute regarding LNG price review
- International petroleum company - ICC proceedings regarding a dispute under an oil concession and JOA arising from the civil war that erupted in the Middle Eastern host country
- Private investment company - proceedings under the Swiss arbitration rules regarding a dispute under English law arising from investments made in Saudi Arabia
- Software investor - UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings against an African state involving public international law issues
- English bunker fuels company - LCIA proceedings under English law regarding services contract and charterparties dispute
- Sovereign state - UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings brought by a U.S. corporate investor under a bilateral investment treaty
- International petroleum company – advice on international investment protection for operations in various jurisdictions
- International oil company - representation in ECHR proceeding against a sovereign state
- International petroleum company - advice on contractual rights and liabilities following the revolution and war that spread in the country in which the investment was made
- International oil and gas company - ICC proceedings regarding a shareholder dispute under a shareholders’ agreement governed by Trinidadian law
- Caspian region oil and gas company - advising the company in a pre-contentious matter concerning a take-or-pay gas contract governed by ICSID and ICC dispute resolution provisions
- Coal mining companies - ICSID arbitration brought by the Provincial Government of East Kalimantan claiming entitlement to interest in a coal mining operation in the eastern coastal area of the province
- Danish hotel group - ICSID arbitration against the Arab Republic of Egypt
- International oil company - LCIA proceedings regarding a contractual dispute over the condition of an FPSO against a Norwegian crude oil transportation company
- A private investment bank - LCIA proceedings regarding a contractual dispute governed by English law under an investment services agreement
- An asset management company - LCIA proceedings regarding a contractual dispute governed by English law under a share purchase agreement
- An asset management company - LCIA proceedings regarding a dispute governed by English law under an investment services deed
- Latvian timber company - advised the company in ad hoc arbitration proceedings in London governed by English law regarding a contractual dispute over the sale and purchase of timber
Awards & Community
Recognised in The Legal 500 UK, 2017 & 2018, for Arbitration
Baker Botts’ Energy Practice will be hosting its third Oil and Gas Lawyer School in London on Thursday, 21 March, 2019.