A.J.Ericksen represents public and private businesses, primarily in the energy sector, in a broad range of corporate, mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and securities matters.
Mr. Ericksen has advised companies, including oilfield services companies, master limited partnerships (MLPs), private equity firms and institutional investors in numerous M&A transactions. He has significant experience in initial public offerings (IPOs), Rule 144A offerings and other public and private offerings of equity and debt securities. He also represents clients in connection with debt tender offers and consent solicitations. In addition, he counsels companies as to Exchange Act reporting, general corporate governance, Section 16 and other securities law matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- GEODynamics – $525 million sale of Lime Rock Partners portfolio company to Oil States International Inc. for cash and stock
- Schlumberger – $14.8 billion acquisition of Cameron International Corporation
- Ergon, Inc. – acquisition of general partner of, and contribution of asphalt terminals and cash to, Blueknight Energy Partners, LP
- Delek US Holdings, Inc. – $160 million acquisition of public unitholders' stake in Alon USA Partners, LP
- Conflicts Committee of PennTex Midstream Partners, LP – $280 million going-private transaction involving tender offer by Energy Transfer Partners, L.P.
- Transocean Ltd. – acquisition of Transocean Partners LLC
- Regency Energy Partners LP – $18 billion merger with Energy Transfer Partners, L.P.
- Regency Energy Partners LP – $5.6 billion acquisition of PVR Partners, LP
- Schlumberger Limited – formation of OneSubseaTM, a multibillion dollar joint venture with Cameron International Corporation
- Schlumberger Limited – $11 billion acquisition of Smith International, Inc.
- Transocean – $58 billion combination with GlobalSantaFe Corporation
- Lazard – financial advisor for combination of Tidewater Inc. and GulfMark Offshore, Inc. (pending)
- Delek U.S. Holdings, Inc. – multiple dropdowns of midstream and logistics assets to Delek Logistics Partners, LP
- Ergon, Inc. – acquisition of Resinall, a manufacturer of thermoplastic resins and polymers
- Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions, Inc. – acquisition of Mexican asphalt business of SemGroup Corporation
- American Industrial Partners – acquisition of Polar Group Holdings Company, LLC
- American Industrial Partners – sale of Rockwell American
- Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. – sale of flowback operations; multiple acquisitions of pressure pumping assets; acquisition of drilling analytics company
- Oceaneering International Inc. – $230 million acquisition of C & C Technologies, Inc.
- Private Equity Investors – co-investment in power generation company
- Private Equity Investors – co-investment in midstream company
- Midstates Petroleum Company – $650 million acquisition of E&P assets
- Marathon Oil Corporation – disposition of Gulf of Mexico pipeline interests
- Houston Wire & Cable Company – purchase of Southwest Wire Rope LP and Southern Wire, LLC
- K-Sea Transportation Partners L.P. – $203 million acquisition of private companies
- ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC – $412 million purchase of the general partner and a 63 percent limited partner interest in Buckeye GP Holdings LP
Capital Markets and Securities Offerings
- Underwriters – $503 million initial public offering of Cactus, Inc.
- Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. – $1.1 billion initial public offering
- Transocean Partners LLC – $442 million initial public offering
- Delek Logistics Partners, LP – $193 million initial public offering; $250 million rule 144A senior notes offering
- KiOR, Inc. – $162 million initial public offering
- Underwriters – $201 million initial public offering of World Point Terminals, LP
- Underwriters – initial public offering of GPM Petroleum, LP (in registration)
- Underwriters – $300 million public offering of senior notes by TransMontaigne Partners, L.P.
- Bristow Group Inc. – $350 million Rule 144A offering of senior secured notes; $125 million public offering of convertible senior notes; $450 million public offering of senior notes and concurrent tender offer/redemption of senior notes
- Underwriters – $115 million public offering of cumulative redeemable preferred units of Höegh LNG Partners LP
- Initial purchasers – $1.45 billion Rule 144A offering of senior secured second lien notes by offshore E&P producer
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation – $1 billion public offering of common stock; $275 million public offering of common stock
- Schlumberger – numerous public and Rule 144A offerings of senior notes totaling over $12 billion
- Oceaneering International Inc. – $500 million public offering of senior notes; $300 million public offering of senior notes
- Transocean – numerous public offerings of senior notes totaling $9.5 billion; $6.6 billion public offering of convertible notes; $1 billion public offering of shares; $600 million Rule 144A offering of senior secured notes; $625 million Rule 144A offering of senior secured notes; $750 million Rule 144A offering of senior secured notes; $600 million Rule 144A offering of senior secured notes
- Westar Energy, Inc. – multiple public offerings of first mortgage bonds totaling $625 million
- CenterPoint Energy – numerous public and Rule 144A offerings of debt securities and common stock
- Cleco Power LLC – numerous debt offerings
- K-Sea Transportation Partners L.P. – numerous public offerings of common units totaling over $215 million
- Underwriter representations include DCP Midstream, LP, TC PipeLines, LP, Höegh LNG Partners LP, TransMontaigne Partners L.P., Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC, Core Laboratories, N.V., Teekay LNG Partners L.P., Tesco Corporation, Pioneer Energy Services Corp., Azure Midstream Partners, L.P., Genco Shipping & Trading Limited, Penn Virginia GP Holdings, L.P., Toreador Resources Corporation and W&T Offshore, Inc., among others
- Transocean Ltd. – redomestication from the Cayman Islands to Switzerland
Awards & Community
Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer-Rising Star (Thomson Reuters), 2012-2017
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
Baker Botts Tax partner Steve Marcus and Corporate partner A.J. Ericksen will be hosting a Corporate Webinar Series covering Up-C structures and related issues.
Baker Botts partners Gene Oshman, Rob Fowler and A.J. Ericksen discuss selected topics for proxy season 2017.
Baker Botts partners Josh Davidson, David Sterling, and A.J. Ericksen, discussed the important process takeaways for MLP dropdowns following the April 2015 El Paso decision of the Delaware Court of Chancery.