Mollie Duckworth represents public and private businesses in a wide variety of corporate and securities matters. She represents both public and private companies in connection with M&A transactions, and represents issuers and investment banking firms in public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities. In addition, she advises corporations and MLPs with respect to complex corporate and transactional matters, including compliance with federal securities law issues, mergers and acquisitions, and day-to-day corporate counseling.
Ms. Duckworth serves as partner in charge of the firm's Austin office.
Mergers, Acquisitions and Private Equity Transactions
- $2.1 billion divestiture by a NYSE-listed company of selected onshore E&P operations to a NASDAQ-listed independent oil and natural gas development company
- Recombination of two NASDAQ-listed independent energy companies and a privately held midstream energy company
- Represented privately held construction aggregate company in connection with sale to NYSE-listed MLP
- Represented private equity firm in connection with sale of midstream services company to NYSE-listed MLP
- Represented private equity firm in connection with the formation and $100 million commitment to purchase units of a private limited partnership to fund the acquisition of retail propane businesses
- Joint venture between independent oil and gas company and private equity firm to develop renewable energy projects in Chile
- Merger of two private-equity-backed financial services companies
- $56 million stock acquisition of privately held international logging company
- $28 million preferred stock financing and restructuring of a privately held pharmaceutical company
- Represented private equity firm in the purchase of a power construction and restoration company
- $765 million initial public offering of BP Midstream Partners LP (NYSE: BPMP)
- $1.3 billion initial public offering of Tallgrass Energy GP, LP (NYSE: TEGP)
- $714 million initial public offering of EQT GP Holdings, LP (NYSE: EQGP)
- $123 million initial public offering of ZS Pharma, Inc., a NASDAQ-listed biopharmaceutical company
- $442 million initial public offering of NextEra Energy Partners, LP, a NYSE-listed clean energy “YieldCo”
- $313 million initial public offering of Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP, a NYSE-listed midstream MLP
- $175 million initial public offering of Jones Energy, Inc., a NYSE-listed upstream oil and gas company
- $282 million initial public offering of EQT Midstream Partners, LP, a NYSE-listed midstream MLP
- $219 million initial public offering of NetSpend Holdings, Inc, a NASDAQ-listed financial services company
- $50 million initial public offering of Pacific Drilling S.A., a NYSE-listed international offshore drilling company
- Represented NYSE-listed independent oil and natural gas development company in multiple equity offerings totaling in excess of $1 billion
- Represented NYSE-listed independent oil and natural gas development company in multiple private placements of high-yield notes totaling in excess of $5 billion
- Represented initial purchasers in private placements of high-yield notes for a NYSE-listed independent propane company totaling in excess of $1 billion
Awards & Community
Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer-Rising Star (Thomson Reuters), 2013, 2014 & 2015
One of Eight Law360 Capital Markets MVPs, 2015 (the only lawyer in Texas)
Selected as “Austin Under 40” Finalist (Legal Category), 2014
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
Baker Botts and the Center for Energy Studies at Rice University’s Baker Institute are co-hosting the first Global Energy Transitions Summit on Thursday, September 28.
Baker Botts is a sponsor of the 3rd Annual Kayo Women's Energy Investment Conference from June 12 - June 13, 2017.