Mergers and Acquisitions*
- Advising an Australian company on its investments in CBM sectors, and acquisitions including two attempted Chinese domestic acquisitions and joint venture transactions, negotiations of shareholders agreements, shareholders loan agreement; and advising on daily operational matters and regulatory issues in China including business license, governmental approvals, foreign investment restrictions, environmental protection, and distribution agreements.
- Advising a U.S. company on its matters related to its joint venture with the Chinese partner and potential claim assessments against its Chinese partner, regulatory issues with respect to governmental approvals, product liability, work safety, and environmental protection, etc..
- Advising a U.S. online and TV sales and marketing company on its joint venture in China.
- Advising a sports and entertainment company in its investment, joint venture transactions and events managements in China.
- Advised a U.S. services company on the plan and structure of its joint venture with one of the largest Chinese state-owned enterprises in China and advised on the negotiation of various issues under the joint venture agreements.
- Advised a Chinese national energy company on its proposed acquisition of independent oil company owning largest oilfield offshore Africa (Ghana)*
- Represented a Chinese national energy company on its investment in the offshore leases owned by Nexen and Statoil of the Gulf of Mexico in the United States*
- Advised a Chinese national energy company on its joint venture investment and operational matters in Argentina, Peru, and Equatorial Guinea*
- Advised a consortium of international investors led by Maju Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited in the acquisition of a majority stake in the U.S.-based oilfield service company Frac Tech Holdings, LLC*
- Advised the acquisition by PT Pertamina (Persero), Indonesia’s state-owned oil and gas company, of BP West Java Limited from BP plc*
- Advised an Asian national company in its bid and potential acquisition of participating interest in several projects owned and operated by Murphy Oil Company in Malaysia*
- Advised a U.S. major energy company on the investment and operational matters of its gas project with CNPC
- Advised a U.S. major energy company on the investment and operational matters of several offshore projects with CNOOC
- Represented a Chinese company on the negotiation and drafting of its LNG SPA with the Australia supplier
- Advised a HK utility company on its gas purchase agreement with CNPC from the Central Asia
- Advised an international energy company on its exploration joint venture with an Indonesian JSX listed energy company covering twelve PSCs, and related farming arrangements
- Advised on the proposed subscription by a sovereign wealth fund of shares of Green Dragon Gas Ltd., a large developer and producer of coal bed methane in China
- Represented a U.S. independent energy company in its negotiation of shale gas project with China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
- Represented a U.S. major energy company in its negotiation of a shale gas project with China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
- Represented Frac Tech International on its foreign investment, joint venture negotiation, and operational matters with China PetroChemical Corporation (SINOPEC)
- Represented an Australian listing company on investment, operational matters and gas sales and distribution of its CBM projects in China
*Prior to Joining Baker Botts