Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, and Joint Ventures
- American Industrial Partners, a middle market private equity sponsor in a variety of transactions and industries
- A special situations/distressed investment sponsor in number of transactions
- A Canadian-based alternative investment manager in the sale of interests in a portfolio company
- DigitalGlobe, Inc., a satellite imagery company in connection with a joint venture transaction
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America and the Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, in their acquisition of interests in West Deptford Energy from LS Power
- Crius Energy, LLC, in its $173 million acquisition of U.S. Gas & Electric, Inc.
- MasterCard, in its acquisition of an interest in First Performance Global
- A secondary live event ticket manager in its sale of equity interests
- The Walt Disney Company, in its $4 billion acquisition of Marvel Entertainment, Inc.
- Liberty Interactive Corporation, in its $2.4 billion acquisition of zulily, inc. by way of an exchange offer
- Liberty Interactive Corporation, in its $430 million sale of Provide Commerce, Inc. (ProFlowers), to FTD Companies, Inc
- Liberty Media Corporation, in its $847 million common stock repurchase from Comcast Corporation and exchange of Leisure Arts, Inc. and a revenue sharing agreement relating to carriage of CNBC
- Liberty Media Corporation, in its sale of $500 million of Sirius XM Holdings Inc. common stock in a repurchase transaction
- Liberty Media Corporation, in its sale of preferred stock in Barnes & Noble, Inc.
- Monitronics International, Inc., in its $502 million acquisition of Security Networks LLC from affiliates of Oak Hill Capital Partners
- Monitronics International, Inc., in its $130 million acquisition of alarm monitoring accounts from Pinnacle Security
- AGL Resources Inc., in its $3.1 billion acquisition of Nicor Inc.
- The AES Corporation, in its sale of the Red Oak power generation station to Energy Capital Partners
- The AES Corporation, in its sale of the Ironwood power generation station to PPL Corporation
- ProLiance Energy, in the restructuring and sale of its natural gas marketing business to an affiliate of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P.
- Industrias Unidas, S.A. de C.V., in its sale of United Copper Industries, Inc. to KPS Partners, L.P.
- Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc., in its $1.9 billion unsolicited cash tender offer for Casey's General Stores, Inc.
- A privately held energy corporation in connection with its acquisition of the remaining partnership interests in a gas-fired power project
- A major Mexican financial services company in a bid for a Mexican asset management company
- Co-counsel to The Independent Order of Foresters, a Canadian fraternal benefit organization, in its acquisition of financial services company, First Investors Consolidated Corporation
Capital Markets and Corporate Governance
- Liberty Global plc, in connection with subsidiary VTR Finance B.V.'s global offering of US$1.4 billion of senior secured notes due 2024
- Liberty Global plc, in connection with its tracking stock structure
- A publicly traded motor sports promoter in connection with corporate governance advice
- An oil and gas exploration company in its corporate restructuring
- A privately held domestic publishing company in its corporate restructuring
Counsel to Financial Advisors
- Morgan Stanley & Co. as financial advisor to UIL Holdings in its $4.8 billion combination with Iberdrola USA
- Lazard Freres as financial advisor to the Conflicts Committee of TerraForm Power, Inc. in the $2.3 billion acquisition of Vivint Solar, Inc. by TerraForm and SunEdison Inc.
- Lazard Freres as financial advisor to the Conflicts Committee of TerraForm Power, Inc. in the $2.4 billion acquisition of First Wind Holdings by TerraForm and SunEdison Inc.
- Barclays Capital as financial advisor to Wisconsin Energy in its $9.1 billion acquisition of Integrys Energy
- Barclays Capital as financial advisor in Exelon in its $6.7 billion acquisition of Pepco Holdings