Samantha Hale Crispin has over 15 years of experience representing publicly traded and privately held corporate clients and private equity funds in complex capital markets, M&A and other strategic business transactions. Ms. Crispin has experience in a wide variety of industries, including technology, media, consulting and outsourcing, healthcare, energy, manufacturing and construction products, homebuilding and consumer products.
Ms. Crispin represents both strategic and private equity buyers and sellers in a variety of M&A transactions, including corporate reorganizations, spin-offs and split-offs, joint ventures, strategic alliances, controlled auctions and acquisitions and dispositions in connection with insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings. She often handles accompanying strategic business transactions involving technology licensing, distribution, development and integration arrangements.
She counsels issuers, underwriters, investors and private equity funds in capital raising transactions, such as IPOs, secondary public offerings, private placements of debt and equity securities and new fund formation.
She also regularly advises clients as to corporate governance matters and SEC and Investment Advisers Act compliance.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Kimberly-Clark - Spin-off of Halyard Health in $1.8 billion transaction
- Global Printing and Technology Solutions Company - bid to acquire Kodak document scanning solutions business in chapter 11 proceedings
- Private Equity Fund - bolt-on acquisitions and dispositions of portfolio companies
- ASARCO LLC - Auction and disposition of copper mining, smelting and refining company in chapter 11 valued at $3.6 billion
- AT&T - $1.4 billion sale of Sterling Commerce to IBM
- Eagle Materials - $466 million acquisition of cement plants and related assets from Lafarge North America
- Centex - Spin-off of Eagle Materials (f/k/a Centex Construction Products) in $1.2 billion transaction
- Accenture - Strategic acquisitions of technology companies and international consulting and outsourcing companies; venture capital investments in technology companies; auction and divestiture of venture capital investment portfolio
- USA Compression Partners - $500 million sale of natural gas compression provider to Riverstone Holdings
- Centex - $362 million sale of Centex Construction Group to Balfour Beatty; $575 million sale of Centex Home Equity to Fortress; $137 million sale of HomeTeam Services to Rollins; sale of CTX Builders Supply to ProBuild Holdings
- Energy Spectrum Partners - $512 million sale of Keystone Midstream Partners to MarkWest Energy
- HM International - Acquisitions of various frozen and prepared food manufacturers
- Acquisition of Ultimate Electronics in connection with bankruptcy reorganization proceedings
- Underwriters for Foundation Building Materials, Inc. - $180 million IPO
- Underwriters for Forterra, Inc. - $330 million IPO
- Underwriters for Continental Building Products - $165 million IPO; $500 million in multiple secondary common stock offerings
- Kimberly-Clark - $1.8 billion spin off of Halyard Health; $250 million Rule 144A senior notes offering in connection with Halyard Health spin-off
- Private Equity Fund - $250 million Rule 144A senior notes offering in connection with acquisition of manufacturing portfolio company
- Liberty Interactive - $400 million Rule 144A senior exchangeable notes offering
- Eagle Materials - $150 million common stock public offering in connection with acquisition of assets; $100 million senior notes repurchase tender
- Motive - $50 million IPO
- Accenture - Consulting, outsourcing, joint venture, strategic alliance and other corporate partnering arrangements
- Brother Industries - early stage investments and strategic alliances with emerging growth companies
- Eagle Materials - strategic distribution and supply arrangements
- PerformanceRetail - services arrangements to provide back-office and merchandising support to convenience store industry
Awards & Community
Named one of the “Best Lawyers in America” by Best Lawyers (Woodward White, Inc.), 2016 & 2017
Named one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine, 2013 & 2016
Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyers-Rising Star (Thomson Reuters), 2008-2010, 2013
Named one of the “Best Women Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine, 2010
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
Baker Botts is a sponsor of the 3rd Annual Kayo Women's Energy Investment Conference from June 12 - June 13, 2017.
Baker Botts partner Samantha Hale Crispin will be a panelist during the 1:00 p.m. session titled "Carveouts: Not Exactly a Piece of Cake".