Since joining Baker Botts, Mr. Chubb:
- Represented BHP Billiton Ltd. in its divestiture of U.S. shale assets collectively valued at $10.8 billion to BP and Merit Energy.
- Represented Valero Energy Corp. in its proposed acquisition of Plains All American's San Francisco Terminals. No FTC action despite issuance of second request; California Attorney General's motions in federal court for temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction were denied (parties ultimately abandoned transaction for economic reasons).
- Represented Halliburton in its proposed acquisition of Baker Hughes and several smaller matters.
- Represented National Oilwell Varco a government investigation into a non-HSR reportable acquisition.
- Conducted an internal audit of a major U.S. refining company for anticompetitive conduct and competition compliance.
- Represented RealPage, Inc. in its acquisition of certain multifamily assets from The Rainmaker Group.
- Represented Indorama Ventures Ltd. In its joint-venture acquisition of PET assets from M&G Chemicals.
- Represented subject in Department of Justice cartel investigation in the auto parts industry. The matter was closed without charges being brought against the subject.
- Century Aluminum of South Carolina Inc. v. South Carolina Public Service Authority - Represented Century Aluminum in action brought in South Carolina federal court alleging Sherman Act Section 1 and 2 violations.
- Counseled numerous companies through the merger process, including evaluating the necessity of an HSR filing, analyzing risk of government investigations, and responding to government inquiries.
While at the FTC, Mr. Chubb
- Reviewed multiple mergers among major master limited partnerships in the oil and gas industry.
- Reviewed several mergers among refiners in the oil and gas industry.
- Investigated alleged anticompetitive conduct in the gathering, processing, storage, and pipeline transportation of refined petroleum products and natural gas and natural gas liquids.
- Participated in a major industry-wide national investigation into financial markets associated with the oil and gas industry.
- Investigated sub-HSR mergers, including the oil and gas industry.
- Investigated software and data analytics matters in real estate and associated markets.