Hogene Choi works on a range of intellectual property matters, focusing primarily on patent prosecution, transactions, and counseling. Ms. Choi has patent prosecution and transactions experience covering technologies related to machine learning and artificial intelligence, blockchain, computer vision, internet applications and server-side architecture, desktop applications and operating systems, graphics and audio/video as well as semiconductors, medical devices, electronics, nanotechnology and the mechanical arts.
Ms. Choi also has patent litigation experience in pre-trial investigation, discovery management, pleadings, motion practice, claim construction, invalidity analysis and settlement negotiations for both cases filed at the U.S. District Courts and at the U.S. International Trade Commission.
- Major telecommunications service provider - defense against a patent infringement suit filed by a non-practicing entity
- E-commerce service provider – pre-litigation investigation of a patent portfolio, counseling regarding patent infringement claims and negotiations with patent-holders
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment company – defense against a patent infringement suit filed at the ITC
- Sole inventor (heart surgeon) – representation in a patent infringement suit against a large corporation
- Fiber laser technology company – defense against a patent infringement suit
Awards & Community
Recognized as one of the 2018 Women of Influence by Silicon Valley Business Journal
Recognized as a Northern California Super Lawyer-Rising Star, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018
Recognized as a "Next Generation Lawyer" by The Legal 500 U.S., 2017 & 2018
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
Intellectual Property Report
Baker Botts joins Blossom Wealth Management as a featured sponsor of the 4th annual Flight 2 Freedom Summit.
Baker Botts lawyers in a joint presentation with Neil Joseph of Stack Lighting, addressing issues involved in technologies related to the Internet of Things, including loT use cases, interoperability and data privacy.