Government Enforcement & Corporate Internal Investigations
- Halliburton – Represented company in an investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission, the UK Serious Fraud Office and the law enforcement authorities of other jurisdictions into alleged improper payments relating to the construction and expansion of an LNG facility in Nigeria.
- Fortune 500 Energy Company – Conducted internal investigations into potential FCPA violations following whistleblower complaints in India, Bangladesh and Ecuador.
- Fortune 500 Company – Conducted internal investigations into potential FCPA violations following whistleblower complaints in Vietnam, Thailand and China.
- Major Beverage Distributor – Conducted internal investigation and represented company in simultaneous investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau into allegations of bribery, wire fraud, and accounting fraud.
- Major Waste Management Company – Conducted internal audit into compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations following internal whistleblower complaint.
- Private Wealth Manager – Represented private wealth manager from major financial institution in insider trading investigations conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York
- Founder & CEO – Represented CEO of software company against allegations of violations of the Anti-Kickback Act by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of South Carolina
Antitrust Investigations & Civil Litigation
- Auto Parts Manufacturer – Counsel for Japanese auto parts manufacturer and its North American subsidiary in simultaneous criminal antitrust investigations conducted by the Department of Justice, the Japanese Fair Trade Commission, the Canadian Competition Bureau, and other jurisdictions into alleged bid rigging, price fixing, and other anti-competitive conduct.
- Auto Parts Manufacturer – Defended Japanese auto parts manufacturer and various wholly-owned subsidiaries in multiple class actions in multi-district litigation against allegations of price fixing in violation of the Sherman Act, the Clayton Act and various state statutes.
- Fortune 50 Company – Represented company in investigation by the Department of Justice into alleged group boycott through standard-setting activities.
- In the Matter of Respondent McWane, Inc. – Represented manufacturer of ductile iron pipe fittings in an 8-week "Part 3" trial before the Federal Trade Commission in a matter awarded Global Competition Review's "Behavioral Matter of the Year-Americas." The full Commission subsequently dismissed six of seven conspiracy and monopolization charges against the company. The dismissals marked the first time in nearly two decades that the Commission ruled against itself following an administrative trial in its in-house court.
- In re Ductile Iron Pipe Fittings Antitrust Litigation – Represented McWane, Inc. in follow-on "copycat" private class actions purporting to represent direct and indirect purchasers of ductile iron pipe fittings, alleging price fixing and monopolization.