Mergers & Acquisitions
- Snap-Tite, Inc. – sale to Parker-Hannifin Corporation
- Nagra USA, Inc. – acquisition of Milestone Systems, Inc..
- Red Man Pipe & Supply Company – business combination with McJunkin Corporation in a transaction valued at over $1 billion
Liberty Media Corporation
- acquisition of Provide Commerce, Inc.
- acquisition of Ascent Entertainment Group, Inc.
- acquisition of a controlling interest in Home Shopping Network, Inc., through a private stock purchase and partial tender offer
- investments in Emmis Communications, Inc. and Alloy, Inc.
Mediacom Communications Corporation
- purchase and sale of numerous cable television, broadband and telephony systems throughout the United States
- $180 million redemption of Morris Communications’ equity stake in a transaction structured as a “cash-rich split off”
- investment in First Performance, Inc.
Akzo Nobel, N.V.
- acquisition of Chemcraft International, Inc.
- acquisition of Covance Biotechnology Services, Inc.
- acquisition of marine and aerospace coatings business of U.S. Paint Corporation
- acquisition of Chinese and Korean powder coatings business of Ferro Corporation
- acquisition of automotive coatings business of Dexter Corporation
- sale of phosphorus chemical division to Ripplewood Holdings
- sale of joint venture interest in Flexsys, NV, a rubber processing chemical business
- OpenTV Corp. – acquisitions of Wink Communications, Inc., ACTV, Inc. and BettingCorp, Ltd.
- Liz Lange LLC – sale of Liz Lange Maternity brand to Bluestar Alliance
- Discovery Communications, Inc. – acquisition of The Learning Channel, Inc.
- Kearns-Tribune Corporation – sale of the Lewiston Morning Tribune, Whitman County Gazette and Moscow-Pullman Daily News
- Whitehall Corporation – merger with Aviation Sales Company
- Tele-Communications, Inc. – acquisition of Kearns-Tribune Corporation, the publisher of The Salt Lake Tribune
- Tele-Communications, Inc. – acquisition of substantially all of Viacom Inc.’s cable television systems
Special Committee & Related Transactions
- Special Committee of the Independent Directors of Intersections, Inc. – ;offer by control shareholder to acquire pet health monitoring business
- Special Committee of Independent Directors of Swift Transportation Company – $225 million acquisition of Central Refrigerated Transportation, Inc.
- Mediacom Communications Corporation – $370 million “going-private” transaction by control shareholder
- OpenTV, Inc – $215 million “going-private” transaction by Kudelski SA via a tender offer
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of 24/7 Media, Inc. – review of a financing transaction with a director and significant stockholder
- Liberty Media Corporation – acquisition of Liberty Digital, Inc. in a “going-private” transaction
- Tele-Communications, Inc. – acquisition of TCI International in a “going-private transaction”
- United Artists Entertainment Company – acquisition of United Cable Television Corporation in a “going-private” transaction
- YankeeNets, LLC – formation of the Yankees Entertainment and Sports (YES) Network and sale of a significant stake to Goldman Sachs and others
- NBA Houston Rockets – formation of a regional sports network and licensing of media rights of Rockets and Astros to Fox Sports
- Formation of a strategic partnership among Liberty Media Corporation, Barry Diller and Comcast Corporation with respect to their controlling interest in QVC
- TVG Network – joint bid with the New York Racing Association to acquire the assets of New York City Off-Track Betting Corporation