- Coalition for Innovative Climate Solutions (“CICS”). CICS is a coalition of 13 major electric generating companies focused on constructive comments on EPA’s proposed Clean Power Plan to regulate GHG emissions from existing fossil fuel - fired electric generating units.
- Represented a major electric generating company in challenging EPA’s federal implementation plan for regional haze in North Dakota.
- Represented a major investor owned utility in negotiations with EPA to resolve dispute of federal implementation plan for a large power plant in New Mexico under EPA’s regional haze rules.
- Represented largest generating plant in Montana in connection with citizen suit alleging violations of the prevention of significant deterioration provisions of the Clean Air Act.
- Represent major electric utility in connection with regional haze regulations and citizen suit in Minnesota.
- Represent multiple companies in connection with state and federal regional haze regulations in Montana, Arkansas, Texas, Minnesota, North Dakota, Oregon, Louisiana, and New Mexico.
- Represented companies in defense of EPA and citizen enforcement of prevention of significant deterioration claims in numerous states, including New York, Louisiana, Colorado, Montana, Maryland and Kentucky.
- Represented three major petroleum refineries in negotiations against EPA to resolve all allegations of Clean Air Act violations against their refineries (16 total refineries) involving new source review, new source performance standards and BWON and LDAR requirements.
- Represent major cement manufacturers in response to Section 114 investigation and defend against Clean Air Act claims brought by EPA alleging PSD violations.