Sarah Berens represents public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and general corporate matters. She also advises clients on securities compliance issues, including Exchange Act reporting.
Prior to joining the New York office in 2013, Sarah was an associate in the Houston office of Baker Botts.
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- Schlumberger – formation of OneSubsea, a multibillion dollar joint venture with Cameron International Corporation
- Liberty Interactive Corporation - acquisition of zulily, inc.
- Schlumberger – acquisition of Tesco Corporation’s CASING DRILLING division
- StarTex Power – $150 million merger with Constellation Energy Group
- ABS Group of Companies – acquisition of Genesis Solutions
Initial Public Offerings
- Various Underwriters – $1.1 billion initial public offering by Columbia Pipeline Partners LP
- Various Underwriters – $370 million initial public offering by Pacific Coast Royalty Trust
- Various Underwriters – $290 million initial public offering by Enduro Royalty Trust
Capital Markets －Issuer Representation
- Waste Management Inc. – $900 million in multiple public offerings of senior notes
- Schlumberger Limited – $5 billion in multiple private offerings of senior notes
- Westlake Chemical Corporation – $250 million public offering of senior notes
- Parker Drilling Company – $125 million private offering of senior notes and concurrent tender offer
- Insperity, Inc. – modified Dutch auction tender offer
- Liberty Interactive LLC – $850 million private offering of exchangeable senior notes
Capital Markets －Underwriter Representation
- Underwriters for Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC – $2 billion in multiple public debt offerings
- Underwriters for DCP Midstream LLC – $550 million private offering of senior notes
- Underwriter counsel – over $11 billion in multiple follow-on debt and equity offerings by MLPs in the energy industry, including MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P., Breitburn Energy Partners LP, Teekay LNG Partners L.P., NuStar Energy L.P., Inergy, L.P., Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P., Access Midstream Partners, L.P., DCP Midstream Partners, L.P., TC PipeLines, LP, Global Partners LP
- Manager counsel - establishment of continuous offering programs for NuStar Energy L.P., Teekay LNG Partners L.P., DCP Midstream Partners, L.P., Breitburn Energy Partners LP, Crestwood Midstream Partners LP and Global Partners LP