Key forecast for 2018
- Higher oil prices are likely in early 2018 - but will remain in the range of $50-$70 a barrel
- Growth in global energy demand coming from non-OECD nations, such as Latin America & China
- Continued shortage of traditional capital driving more Private Equity Joint Ventures - particularly in infrastructure and drilling projects
- Downstream oil and gas projects attracting capital for smaller scale infrastructure, customer development and renewables
- Increased infrastructure opportunities for companies in the Delaware and DJ basins
- An increase in funding of management teams to acquire and operate properties
Partner in the Houston Office
"A stable to a slightly rising commodity environment is going to continue to be bullish for the midstream sector in 2018."
View our Midstream Video
Partner in the London Office
"2018 will be a better year for the industry marked by a firming of prices and a lowering of cost structures."
View our International Video
Baker Botts has more than 100 years of experience handling oil and gas matters in both U.S. and international markets, including upstream, midstream and downstream projects. Our seasoned team of lawyers is frequently called upon to help clients structure and document complex, challenging or novel cross border energy transactions, as well as defend their interests in these matters when disputes arise.
# # #About Baker Botts L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients’ industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Throughout our 179-year history, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit BakerBotts.com.