Baker Botts ranks coast-to-coast in the United States and internationally in this year’s IAM Patent 1000. The regional firm rankings are as follows:
- D.C. Metro Area – Prosecution (Recommended);
- New York – Prosecution (2nd Ranked as Highly Recommended), Transactions (Recommended) and Litigation (Recommended);
- Texas – Prosecution (1st Ranked as Highly Recommended), Litigation (1st Ranked) and Transactions (2nd Ranked).
TheIAM Patent 1000 highlights that Baker Botts has acted in more than 200 inter partes reviews, and is at “the cutting edge of post-grant proceedings.” The Editors recognize that all of the Baker Botts “are trained across prosecution, licensing and litigation, and therefore see the whole picture at all times…..its top-notch veterans are increasingly complemented by great up-and-comers.”
Baker Botts is also recognized for its “unparalleled combination of strength, breadth and quality makes it an obvious leader in patent law. With 160 attorneys holding more than 200 science and engineering degrees between them, the set makes light work of the most challenging instructions in all technological fields,” by the Editors of the IAM Patent 1000 Report.
A total of 18 lawyers were recognized in the 2017 IAM Patent 1000, including:
DC Metro Area
- Luke K. Pedersen – Transactions (Recommended) and Prosecution (Recommended)
- Daniel Hulseberg - Transactions (Recommended) and Prosecution
- Lisa B. Kole – Transactions (Recommended) and Prosecution
- Paul Ragusa – Transactions (Recommended) and Litigation
- Robert C. Scheinfeld – Transactions (Recommended) and Litigation
- Neil Sirota – Litigation
- Robert Maier – Litigation
- Barton E. Showalter - Transactions (Highly Recommended) and Litigation
- Douglas M. Kubehl – Transactions (Recommended) and Litigation
- Kevin J. Meek – Transactions (Recommended), Prosecution and Litigation
- Paul Morico – Prosecution and Litigation
- Scott F. Partridge – Litigation
- Roger Fulghum – Litigation
- Kurt Pankratz – Litigation
- David B. Weaver – Litigation
- Neil Coulson – Litigation
Please click to view Baker Botts' full list of rankings in the IAM Patent 1000.
# # #About Baker Botts LLP
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients’ industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Throughout our 177-year history, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visitBakerBotts.com.