- Shell (through various affiliated companies) assumes sole ownership of the Norco, Louisiana, refinery (where Shell operates a chemicals plant), the Convent, Louisiana, refinery, 11 distribution terminals, and Shell-branded markets in Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, a portion of the Florida panhandle and the northeastern region of the U.S.
- Saudi Aramco (through its wholly owned Saudi Refining, Inc. “SRI” subsidiary) assumes full ownership of the Motiva Enterprises LLC name and legal entity, including the refinery at Port Arthur, Texas, and 24 distribution terminals. Additionally, Motiva has the right to exclusively sell Shell-branded gasoline and diesel in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C., as well as the eastern half of Texas and the majority of Florida.
Baker Botts represented Shell* in this transaction.
Baker Botts Lawyers/Office Involved:
- Corporate: Jim Marshall (Partner, Houston); Carina Antweil (Senior Associate, Houston); Ruchira Podali (Associate, Houston);
- Global Projects: Jamie Baker (Partner, Washington) and Carlos Solé (Partner, Houston);
- Litigation: Amy Hefley (Partner, Houston).
# # #About Baker Botts LLP
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients’ industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Throughout our 177-year history, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visitBakerBotts.com.