WASHINGTON, June 23, 2016 - Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced today that the firm’s Intellectual Property practice received recognition in IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals 2016 - a guide identifying the top patent professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe.
Baker Botts ranks in this year’s IAM Patent 1000 for prosecution (recommended) in the DC Metro Area; prosecution (recommended), transactions (recommended) and litigation in New York; and prosecution (highly recommended), litigation (highly recommended) and transactions in Texas. Additionally, individual Baker Botts attorneys ranked in the California and United Kingdom listings for 2016.
Baker Botts is recognized for having “one of the largest IP collectives of any commercial outfit in the United States.” The IAM Patent 1000 editors highlight that Baker Botts “makes its presence felt from coast to coast. Many of its partners are proficient on both sides of the contentious/non-contentious divide and maintain a diverse practice; while all trainees cut their teeth on prosecution, litigation and transactions. This multi-disciplinary set-up is a major attraction for the firm’s high-level client base, for which patents are pivotal.”
The IAM Patent 1000 further states that Baker Botts “is an outstanding law firm. It has multiple offices that can handle high-level IP cases and extensive in-house knowledge spanning major districts.” In particular, the editors recognize the firm as “globe-trotting native mainstay” in Texas that “enjoys the honour of having more practitioners listed in the Texas tables than any other outfit. The ‘pre-eminent firm’ has a ‘dazzling number of players on the pitch’ and is ‘great at litigation’.”
A total of 17 lawyers were recognized in the 2016 IAM Patent 1000, including:
- Bryant Boren - litigation
DC Metro Area
- Luke K Pedersen - transactions (recommended) and prosecution (recommended)
- Daniel Hulseberg - transactions (recommended) and prosecution
- Lisa B. Kole - transactions (recommended) and prosecution
- Paul Ragusa - transactions (recommended) and litigation
- Robert C. Scheinfeld - transactions (recommended) and litigation
- Neil Sirota - litigation
- Robert Maier - litigation
- Barton E. Showalter - transactions (highly recommended) and litigation
- Douglas M. Kubehl - transactions (recommended) and litigation
- Kevin J. Meek - transactions (recommended) and litigation
- Paul Morico - prosecution and litigation
- Gene Spears - prosecution
- Scott F. Partridge - litigation
- Roger Fulghum - litigation
- Kurt Pankratz - litigation
- Neil Coulson - litigation (recommended)
The IAM Patent 1000 ranks the world’s leading patent services providers in key jurisdictions around the globe. Research for the guide was conducted over several months by a team of full-time analysts and involved more than 1,500 interviews with patent specialists across the world.
The complete Baker Botts’ rankings in the IAM Patent 1000 are available here.
# # #About Baker Botts LLP
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients’ industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Throughout our 176-year history, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit BakerBotts.com.