LONDON, 27 April 2016 - Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced today that Chambers Europe 2016 ranked the firm in Band 1 for Russia: Energy and Natural Resources for the second year in a row.
In the latest edition of Chambers Europe, three Baker Botts practice areas showed growth over their 2015 performances including:
- Russia: Transportation: Aviation (Band 2)
- Russia: Corporate M&A: High-end Capability (Band 2)
- Belgium: Competition/European Law (Band 5)
Baker Botts clients told Chambers Europe that the firm’s Banking and Finance team “is always on time, very attentive to detail, always available and receptive to feedback. The lawyers work for the client and with the client."
Additionally, 13 firm lawyers ranked in nine categories including:
- Jay Alexander: Europe-wide: Arbitration (Band 4)
- Konstantin Garmonin: Russia: Banking & Finance (Band 4) and Russia: Corporate M&A (Recognised Practitioner)
- Maxim Levinson: Russia: Banking & Finance (Band 4), Russia: Corporate M&A (Band 1) and Russia: Energy & Natural Resources (Band 3)
- Rubin Weston: Russia: Banking & Finance (Band 2) (Expert based abroad)
- Georg Berrisch: Belgium: Competition/European Law (Band 3), Belgium: International Trade (Band 1), and Europe-wide: International Trade (Band 1)
- Catriona Hatton: Brussels: Competition/European Law (Band 4)
- Melinda Rishkofski: Russia: Corporate/M&A (Band 5) and Russia: Private Equity (Band 3)
- Mikhail Semyonov: Russia: Energy & Natural Resources (Band 3)
- Simon Elliott: Russia: Real Estate (Band 1)
- Natalia Guseva: Russia: Real Estate (Associates to watch)
The following three lawyers earned inaugural selections:
- Paul Lugard: Belgium: Competition/European Law (Band 6)
- Kira Gladkoborodova: Russia: Banking & Finance (Associates to Watch)
- Elena Stepanenko: Russia: Transportation (Up and Coming)
To view the full listing of Baker Botts’ rankings in Chambers Europe 2016, please click here.
# # #About Baker Botts LLP
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients’ industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Throughout our 177-year history, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit BakerBotts.com.