Civil trial law involving all aspects of commercial litigation and business disputes
Kevin Sadler focuses on civil litigation and has represented major energy, technology and service firms in the defense of tort, contract, statutory and intellectual property claims. Mr. Sadler also serves as lead trial counsel for a multi-billion dollar federal court receivership involving thousands of claims and lawsuits. He also represents clients in employment matters, including wrongful termination claims, non-competition agreements and trade secret disputes. Mr. Sadler routinely assists clients who are called upon to respond to civil investigations by state and federal agencies.
Following graduation from law school, Mr. Sadler served as a briefing attorney to the Honorable Paul Brown of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
- Mining and Manufacturing Companies - bankruptcy fraudulent transfer claims, tort and non-competition claims
- Petroleum and Petro-Chemical Companies - tort claims and environmental enforcement litigation
- Software Services Companies - intellectual property, tort and employment claims
- Transportation and Healthcare Services Companies - tort, contract, trade secret and employment claims
Publications, Speeches and Presentations
- Discovering the Facts without Discovery,” Conference on Labor and Employment Law, The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, May 2011
- “Employing and Circumventing the New Business Damages Rule,” Damages Institute, The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, October 2004
- “Conducting Proper Workplace Investigations,” Conference on Labor and Employment Law, The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, May 2004