In conjunction with Wolters Kluwer Legal and Regulatory, Baker Botts presented a webinar on "Data Privacy in 2019 - I Fought the Law: How to Simultaneously Comply and Reform in Data Privacy" on Thursday, March 28, 2019.
- Cynthia Cole, CIPP/E, who has over 18 years of experience representing technology companies in complex strategic business transactions
- Neil Coulson, the intellectual property department chair for Baker Botts in London and Moscow with over 20 years of experience in the European data privacy landscape, and the Baker Botts' data protection officer
- Sheila Jambekar, CIPP/US, CIPP/E, Associate General Counsel and Data Protection Officer at Twilio Inc.
Key discussion topics included:
- Before during and after the transaction: the impact of data privacy regulation on pre-transaction preparation, the due diligence process, transaction price and inherited liabilities.
- What U.S. companies are doing publicly to drive the U.S. data privacy landscape.
To listen to the recorded version of the webinar, please click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Throughout our 179-year history, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.