Please join Baker Botts on Thursday, March 2, 2017 for a presentation of our Post-Inauguration Outlook for HR, Employment Law, and Employee Benefits issues. We will discuss how the Trump administration may transform the legal landscape for employers with respect to a number of initiatives that began during the Obama administration, which are now under review by the new administration. Attendees will leave with a watch list of issues to monitor and practical tips for the upcoming months.
The presentation will be given by Jennifer Trulock, Chair of the firm's Labor & Employment group, and Mark Bodron, Partner in the firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation group.
Topics will include:
• What’s next for regulations from the Department of Labor (DOL), including the overtime regulations, the ERISA fiduciary rule, and ACA
• The future of paid leave laws
• Potential changes in the NLRB’s pro-union slant
• How employers may be impacted by the announced dismantling of the ACA
• The effect of changes in personnel: agencies and judiciary
• Maintaining compliance for individually designed 401(k) and pension plans in a post-determination letter world
1.0 hour of Texas CLE credit is pending approval.
This seminar has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.
For questions regarding this event, please contact Shea Geyer.