Baker Botts will sponsor LeadershIP 2017, a conference designed to address the global legal and economic policy issues at the intersection of IP and Antitrust and their impact on international businesses. The program will take place on Monday, March 27 at the Newseum in Washington, DC and will feature Baker Botts Antitrust partner John Taladay on a panel titled “Intersection between IP and Antitrust: Standards and SEPs." The panel will discuss the evolving issues at the intersection of IP and Antitrust, including SSOs, FRAND, available remedies for SEPs, and the Antitrust guidelines for licensing of IPR that have been issued recently by a number of agencies including Canada, China, Japan, Korea, as well as the updated DOJ guidelines.
Panelists will include:
- Alan Devlin, Acting Deputy Director, U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Bureau of Competition
- Honorable Douglas Ginsburg, Senior Circuit Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- Aviv Nevo, Professor, University of Pennsylvania
- John Taladay, Partner and Co-Chair of Antitrust & Competition Law Practice, Baker Botts LLP
- Moderator: Koren Wong-Ervin, Director, Global Antitrust Institute at Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University
For more information or to register, please click here.