1L DIVERSITY FELLOWSHIP
Apply Here - Due By February 15, 2019
At Baker Botts, we are committed to the recruitment, retention and development of exceptional attorneys and law students. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives and the integral role they play in the continued growth of our firm. The Baker Botts 1L Diversity Fellowship is one of our many diversity programs aimed at promoting diversity here at our firm and in the legal profession.
The Baker Botts 1L Diversity Fellowship provides first-year law students with the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a large, global law firm through paid participation in our 2019 summer program, as well as, $12,500 in scholarship funds to assist with defraying the cost of a legal education. The scholarship funds are paid in two equal amounts – upon acceptance of an offer to join the firm as a first-year summer associate and upon arrival as a second-year summer associate. A selection panel comprised of members of the Diversity Committee will review the applications.
The fellowship is open to all first-year law students currently enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school with an anticipated graduation date of May 2021, regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law.
- Applications for the 2019 1L Diversity Fellowship Program will be available on December 1, 2018
- Official Undergraduate Transcript (an unofficial transcript may be submitted until an official transcript can be provided)
- Official Law School Transcript When Available (an unofficial transcript may be submitted when available until an official transcript can be provided)
- Personal Statement: Please discuss your commitment to promoting diversity in the legal profession or obstacles you have overcome in pursuing a legal career (500 words or less)
- 2 Letters of Reference
- Academic achievement
- Demonstrated leadership attributes
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity in the legal profession
- Obstacles overcome in pursuing a legal career
Questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org in Houston.